Tuition. Tuition for the school year is paid in 10 equal installments. A late fee of $10 is due for all tuition not paid by the 10th of each month.This monthly tuition includes:
- Weekly lessons (40 or 60-minute private lessons; one-hour group lessons)
- Group classes are scheduled once a month and substitute for a private lesson.
- Lesson preparation time
- Phone conferences
- Two weeks of annual personal leave for illness and/or professional enrichment.
- Winter and spring breaks coinciding with Spokane District 81 school calendar. These lessons are automatically made up during the months containing a fifth week.
Schedule. Lessons commence at the beginning of the school calendar year in late August or early September and end mid-June. Summer lessons are available and are strongly recommended to maintain progress.
Missed Lessons. The lesson time is reserved exclusively for the student. Lessons missed by the student cannot be made up. Tuition buys the teacher’s time, training and experience.
Termination. Students are expected to complete the 10-month term of lessons. If an exception to this policy is necessary a month’s notice is requested.
Music. Each year a $50 Registration Deposit is collected for each student. This fee reserves a spot in the teacher’s schedule and pays for students’ music. The fee is not returned if lessons are terminated.
Equipment. Each student is expected to have:
- A piano in good working condition, preferably located away from the television set.
- A metronome.
- A music bag to carry music to and from lessons.
Performances. Recitals will be held at Gonzaga University unless otherwise noted. In addition, students who are adequately prepared may participate in the Washington State Music Teachers’ Association Adjudications, the National Guild of Piano Teachers Auditions and/or the Spokane MusicFest Northwest. Entry fees are paid by the student.